Brown Bag It | Your Lunch Routine
Back to school has come and gone, and that means you’ve added the kids back into the mix. Many families have a nice rhythm when it comes getting everyone ready, and out of the house with that first month under their belt. Falling back into the swing of things can be a little tricky, but packing lunches doesn’t have to be.
This means for your kids, or for yourself!
Just because you’re networking, hauling kids around, or you have a hectic day doesn’t mean you should forego lunch. Brown bag it, grab some napkins and try not to get mustard on your outfit.
Working is tough, let’s face it. We spend the majority of our lives at a job to make a living, to live our lives. Did I lose you? Now, why waste a perfectly good midday meal on something that is just not worth it? While you’re packing for your kids, why not pack something equally great for yourself?
Now, this isn’t to say that if you don’t have kids in school or kids at all for that matter, that you can’t benefit from making your own lunch. Get into the habit, and feel so good about your afternoon.
Some helpful tips:
- Choose more than one food group, it will keep you fuller longer.
- Change it up, you don’t have to eat a sandwich every day.
- Treat yourself. A little something sweet or salty to keep your lunch fun.
- Get creative with your brown bag. You’re more likely to keep packing (and eating) a lunch if you’re visually stimulated!
- Make extra at dinner, so that you can incorporate leftovers into easy lunch options.
- KID BONUS: Dip it! Fun shaped snacks and dipping anything makes the meal interactive and exciting.
While you’re at it, make sure that you have everything in place for your vehicle insurance! If you’re commuting to and from work, carpooling, grabbing a bite, or have a household of new drivers keep your car insurance updated to cover you correctly. This is just as important as lunch, probably more so. It’s all about balance, and a little bit of planning!
Anyway, back to the food! We’ve put together a Pinterest board full of lunch deliciousness that you’ll WANT to make the night before. Check it out, and don’t forget to snap a photo. Because, if it’s not on social media, did you really even eat it?